We are committed to ensuring your privacy is respected and protected and we are committed to ensure that we are uphold our responsibilities under the DPA ( 1998), PECR (2003) and GDPR (2018) regulations.
What kind of information do we gather about you online?
Where we ask you for compulsory information we only ask for the minimum required to give us sufficient information to be able to deal with your order or enquiry effectively.
The information we gather may include:
- Your name and job title
- Your company name
- Your contact information including email addresses and phones numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
- Technical information about your visit such as website pages you visited, how often you visited, the browser and operating platform.
- Information you provide us via our online chat facility
- Other information relevant to customer surveys/offers
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Other information we may keep:
We may hold other information about you or your company if we believe we have a law abiding “legitimate basis” for doing so;
- Details of electronic communications or verbal we have had with you
- Information that you provide us to enable us to conduct any transactions with you
- Information we have provided you to enable you to use our services (such as account log in information).
- Information from specialist services such as credit agencies or fraud prevention agencies
What we do with the information we hold:
We only retain information about you if we are confident that we have a legitimate basis for doing so. We may require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular we may retain your information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone mail or fax.
- We may use the information for direct marketing to offer you our services where you have given your consent.
- We may use the information for offering our products or services to your company where we have a legal legitimate basis for doing so.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
- Access to our building is limited to those that are entitled to or that have a need to be there
- All computer hardware is password protected and regularly updated with security software
- All CRM and database systems that hold your data are user and password protected
- We will never ask you for your passwords or access information on the phone or via electronic communication
- All our server access and electronic communication is encrypted and uses SSL certified platforms
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whilst we will hold and use your personal data to communicate with you where we have a legitimate basis you are entitled to request that we stop using your information to communicate with you at any time. If you request that we stop doing so we will stop using your personal information in line with the procedures and timescales outlined in the DPA regulations. If you wish to request that we stop using your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will add you to our suppression list and will not completely delete your data. This means that we can effectively manage your wishes into the future. We will never add you back into our live data unless you request that we do so.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your prior permission or are required by law to do so.
Your right to view what we hold about you:
At your request and proof of identity, we will provide you with details of any personal information we may hold on you. Such information may be corrected, added to or deleted to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at;
Martello UK, Carlton House, 34-36 Carlton Park Industrial Estate, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 2NL.
Changes to our policy: